Ok, let’s say your short on time and don’t want to run out to the store to buy a graham cracker crust. Besides, who wants to spend a few dollars on something they can make in their own kitchen in just 5 minutes?
You can make a tasty homemade graham cracker crust with about 10 minutes of prep and baking time and 45 minutes of cool down time.
Homemade Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
(preheat oven to 350 degrees)
1. Crush 1 ¼ cups of your favorite graham crackers.
It’s usually about one and a half sleeves of graham crackers. You might want to add more if you use a large pie dish.
2. Mix in 3 Tablespoons of sugar
3. Add ¾ cups of melted butter or margarine. Mix together all ingredients.
4. Press graham cracker mixture into pie dish.
5. Place in 350 degree oven for 5-6 minutes, or until the crust is slightly browned.
6. Cool for 5 minutes then place in fridge for 45 minutes until it hardens.
(Using the crust right away will result in a crumbly mess. Make sure you harden the crust in the fridge for at least 45 minutes.)
Add your favorite pie filling and voila! A perfect, easy to make graham cracker pie crust.