Just two more weekends ’til Christmas!
If you’re looking for more ways to spruce up your house for the holidays — without breaking the bank — here you go.
Most of these ideas are super cheap and a great way to use up existing household items — and use up time watching holiday movies or football games.
- Condo Blues just wrote about how to make your own holiday bows from magazine pages. No more worries about buying plastic bows — or taking the bag out of the closet to find they are all squished after last year.
- On the Nature Moms blog, you can learn how to use borax to make ornaments or sun-catchers. Sounds like fun — just remember, as they caution, that borax is natural but not non-toxic, so keep the kids (and animals) safe.
- Is it a little naked under your tree? Whip up a no-sew tree skirt a la Casa Sugar. Looks like a great way to use felt scraps — or check out the bins at your local thrift store or fabric remnant department. She uses felt because it doesn’t ravel, but if you like a more vintage or country look, you might enjoy something that frays a bit.
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it … fake snow. If you like the frosty look for holiday decorations, The DIY Life has three ways to get the fake snow flowing inside your holiday home.
- If you’re into a black-and-white or literary theme (or an unusual gift idea), you can repurpose an old or ruined book into a wreath. See the post at Living With Lindsay, or watch a video tutorial at Lifehacker.com.
What are you DIYing this holiday?