This week, Smithsonian Magazine is collaborating with museums across the nation to offer free admission on Saturday, Sept. 29. Magazine and Web site readers can qualify for free admission for two.
Museum Day is a nationwide event taking place on Saturday, September 29, 2007, where participating museums and cultural institutions across the country offer free admission to Smithsonian readers and Smithsonian.com visitors. Museum Day celebrates the country’s cultural offerings, allows the dissemination of knowledge and brings Americans together.Museum Day is open to all Smithsonian readers and friends. Participants must present the Museum Day Admission Card available in the September 2007 issue of Smithsonian Magazine or downloadable via this site to receive FREE GENERAL ADMISSION. The Museum Day Admission Card is valid for you plus one guest and is limited to one per household.
The following Museum Day restrictions apply:
- One time use on Saturday, September 29, 2007. Card must be presented for free general admission.
- Admission Card will be collected upon entry.
- General admission only. Does not include entry to special exhibits or IMAX screenings.
- Admission Card is good for general admission for you plus one guest.
- One Admission Card per household.
- Not for use with any other offer.
- No rain checks.
- Some participating museums may already have a free admission policy year round and are participating in the “spirit” of the day.
Museums and cultural institutions participating in Museum Day are doing so voluntarily and Smithsonian Magazine is not responsible for individual institution participation or for individual institution content.
To find participating museums in your area and fill out the online survey for a ticket (if you aren’t a subscriber already), follow this link to the Smithsonian site.